A Message for Helping Hands

by Brenna Stull | 8:45 AM in |

Yesterday my wonderfully efficient eight-year-old awoke and followed his normal routine...made his bed, put away his folded clean clothes, got dressed, emptied the dishwasher, and ate breakfast (unfortunately only one out of five children does these things each morning without being reminded).

Micah's routine kept him from seeing the message I had left for him a message on a sheet of large paper on the kitchen island, the most prominent spot I could find: "Dishes in the dishwasher are DIRTY. Please do not unload." By the time I returned from my early morning run, he was eating a bowl of cereal and telling me that the dishwasher's top rack had only been half full. I hesitantly peered into the dishwasher, to find it empty of its dirty dishes. I was reminded of a quote:

"My child helped me snap beans today...she kept the bad and threw the good away. I think how patient God must be when I help Him the way she helps me." - Unknown
God likes us to be doing something for Him. Our efforts to obey Him please Him greatly. But we must make sure we don't get stuck in our routines, and our plans. He has given us a message to read each morning. Is it sitting in a prominent place in your home? We must discipline ourselves to read his Word daily -- it will often redirect us to unexpected places. It will give us the instructions we need -- even when He is just telling us to wait.

Thank you, Father, for your patience with us as we sometimes strive in our own efforts to do something for you. Help us to seek you each day, so that we might do and be all that you want.


Bookmark and Share

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: